Friday 23 March 2012

Wednesday 23.11.11 17th full day in Uganda

In nursery school I checked on Elijah’s arm. It was a LOT better – the swelling had gone down, and most of the pus had gone, and I was able to wipe away the rest of the pus. I re-sprayed it with Dettol, and applied a clean bandage. I also put a bucket-load of hand sanitizer on his hands in case he picks at it. Hopefully, if I clean it tomorrow and check on it on Friday it will be all better – I don’t want it going back to what it was. If I am still suspicious I’ll get Britt to check on him.

At lunch I at the food prepared for the staff – today it was rice and beans, and it was plain but nice. Afterwards I had some chips as well.

I went up to the primary school, but because they have just finished their exams they were all just playing. I watched until 3, and then went home. There is only so much volleyball I can handle.

Before dinner I did some reading, and then went for a walk, hoping to find an internet café (there are a lot in the city, but not so many around here) as Britt and Andrew need their laptop a lot at the moment. The only one I found was closed, and looked like it had been for a while. But I was able to buy a map of all the districts of Uganda, and for only 5000 shillings.

After dinner, Britt and I watched Honey 2, which was absolutely terrible. It was in the Rise of the Planet of the Apes cover, which is really the only excuse for such lowness.

No comments:

Post a Comment