Thursday 3 January 2013

Day Eight: Wednesday 20.06.2012

When I got to school my lesson had already started, so they just swapped it to be exactly when I got there.  I’m not sure when anything is – no one seems to tell me exactly when.  It is a different way of doing things.
While P4 had maths I went to the library and read the story Ivan wrote, which is about his life.  It is something that I can work with to do a few different things.  I’ll get a printed copy bound – a few copies even – and also I will get Ivan to do some illustrations and then make it into a PSB.  We can either get it published by an independent publisher or by a more recognised Christian publisher.  Ivan is excited about it, but doesn’t seem to understand most of it.  But he is very proud of it, as he should be.
I took a photo of the P4 mathematics work – very different from what grade 3s do in Australia!

After lunch I went into P4, thinking that I would observe a class.  The children were leading Praise and Worship.  Their teacher came in, and after 5 minutes, asked me if I wanted to teach.  I asked him what the subject was.  “Story time,” he said.  “Story time?” “Yes, you tell them a story.”  “A… Bible story?  You mean, it is RE class?”  “Yes.  Tell them a Bible Story.”  So I told them the SIV (Sam’s Interpreted Version) of Joseph, which was my Sunday School lesson that I had prepared but hadn’t done.  Apparently it was a big success, because several teachers (including ones who weren’t there) have told me that it was a great class, which is pretty good!
I went on the internet at the café again, and tried to sort out an issue that is happening with uni.  I think I got it all sorted.
After that I went to one of the craft shops in town, and bought 2 necklaces, which I will use to make bags.

No comments:

Post a Comment